Simple, quick, and delicious, this almond flour recipe is one of our favorite breakfasts! Stack them, top with your favorite fruit and honey and enjoy! Try this easy almond flour pancake recipe today!
Almond Flour Pancakes
It’s hard to find a truly good pancake recipe when on a gluten free or low carb diet. The first pancakes we tried when going gluten free were from a gluten free box mix at the store. They were ok, but their texture was never quite right.
As we transitioned into the gaps diet, making good pancakes seemed even more impossible. In the beginning stages of gaps, you can make pancakes from different types of squash, but those are far from being REAL pancakes.
When we moved on to the full gaps diet and could eat nuts, I knew this would open up a whole new level for pancakes. I love pancakes, so I decided to try experimenting with recipes on my own. After a few tries, this recipe was perfected!
There is a variation included to make them more fluffy, if that’s what you prefer. (It only takes one less ingredient!)
Mix almond flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl.
Stir in melted butter, milk and eggs until just incorporated.
Finally, stir in honey and vanilla. (For keto version, use monkfruit sweetener instead of honey.)
(For best results, prepare the night before and store in refrigerator overnight. This helps the batter hold together a little better.)
Grease electric griddle with butter or coconut oil and turn to medium-high heat.
Pour batter into small 4 inch rounds. Cook for a few minutes, or until small bubbles begin to form.
Flip pancakes very carefully. (Almond flour does not hold together very well, so make sure to flip gently or pancakes will fall apart.)
Top with your favorite fruit and honey or yogurt and enjoy!
Simple Almond Flour Pancakes
- Electric griddle
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup milk, almond or coconut to make gaps legal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp honey substitute with monkfruit sweetener for keto
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in melted butter, milk, and eggs. (For fluffier pancakes omit the milk)
- Finally stir in the vanilla and honey until evenly mixed.
- Pour batter onto a preheated skillet, greased with butter or coconut oil.
- Allow pancakes to cook for a few minutes or until small bubbles start to form. Flip carefully as they may break apart easily.
- Once flipped, cook for a minute or two longer then remove from pan and enjoy topped with honey or your favorite fruit and yogurt!